About Me

My photo
I make custom illustrations and logos, please email me if you're interested.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

May-June Earnings Report




Well the numbers are in for May-June. You can see a pretty big difference between last month and this month The numbers on the charts are percentages. Once again shutterstock has been the biggest contributor to sales followed by dreamstime. Canstock didn't bring much in, crestock didn't bring anything in, and a new site 123rf brought me a few sales.

Assessments:
Shutterstock - I am very pleased with the site. Every time I upload images I get instant feedback from the site via email letting me know my images are being processed. Lately the wait time is a few hours to a full day before they are fully on the site. The upload process is still the best out the other sites making it easy to batch process images with similar keywords or descriptions. My daily number of sales on this site are not matched by the other sites

Dreamstime - The waiting period on processing images is still the same making it harder to have images put in during peak periods. For example, if I wanted something put out for a certain holiday to make many sales I'd have to submit it more than a week in advance. For artists like myself who make illustrations on a whim and don't sit there and force themselves to make a certain amount of holiday illustrations to get the rush of customers, it can be pretty aggravating to have to wait for a perfect select time to upload certain images to make it in time for the rush.

The pay however, is much better on an image to image basis. Once your image has been downloaded a certain amount of times, the site raises the price. This has led to more money per image than any other sites. However, sometimes you'd rather have more people with your images than less people.

Canstock - Not very interested in the site as a whole, though I don't mind updating my portfolio on the off chance that something sells. I don't believe they have nearly as much traffic as the other sites.

Crestock - Same as canstock

123rf - New to me, found it while searching blogs from other illustrators. The site seems customer friendly which automatically made me want to contribute. The contributor controls are good, though I don't think certain aspects of it are clear.

Fotolia - Just set up an account and have gotten a few images accepted and ready to show. The site it hard to navigate through, I've seen a variety of results from other illustrators so I'm going to give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment